Certified Energy Advisor (CEA) Training and Exam Prep Courses
CEA is an individual who conducts EnerGuide home evaluations on behalf of an NRCan licensed service organization. CEAs provide third party expert advice to homeowners, and can work with builders who wish to use the EnerGuide Rating System in planning and in the design stages of their new constructions. CEAs help ensure homes labelled under NRCan’s energy efficiency housing initiatives meet the requirements of the respective standards.
The objectives of these courses are to train new and existing Energy Advisors to pass the EA exam and be capable and confident to work in the field alone. Furthermore, NRCan has issued an ultimatum that all current Energy Advisors must pass the EA exams by March 31, 2017 to carry on their professional practices.
Registration is now open!
Foundation Level Training and Exam Preparation
Tentative Course Outline:
- Communication & Computer Skills (Day 1)
- Numeracy (Day 1)
- Construction & Renovation of Low-Rise Housing (Day 1)
- Safety Considerations (Day 1)
- Building Envelope (Day 2)
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (Day 3)
- Building Science Principles & the House-as-a-System Concept (Day 3 and 4)
Energy Advisor Training and Exam Preparation
Tentative Course Outline:
- EnerGuide Rating System (Day 1 and 2) with Half day on site
- HOT2000 Modelling Versions 9, 10 and 11 (Day 2 and 3)
- Administration & Delivery of ERS Version 15 (Day 4)
- Quality Assurance of the ERS Version 15 (Day 4)
The following technical and career enhancement materials will be covered:
- SB-12 Energy modeling for code compliance
- EcoENERGY assessment for existing homes - single family
- EcoENERGY assessment for existing homes – multifamily (an introduction)
- EnerGuide Rating System for new houses - single family
- EnerGuide Rating System for new houses – multifamily (an introduction)
- Energy Star for New Houses (single and multifamily)
- R2000 (an introduction)
- Net Zero Energy (an introduction)
|One Course - Early Bird||$1,800 plus HST|
|One Course - Regular||$2,000 plus HST|
|Two Courses (register together) - Early Bird||$3,200 plus HST|
|Two Courses (register together) - Regular||$3,600 plus HST|
Early bird pricing is available up until three (3) weeks prior to the start of each course. Registration is open until this first session of each course, and is limited to 15 participants.
- Foundation Level Training and Exam Preparation: May 3rd, 4th, 10th, and 11th, 2017
- Energy Advisor Training and Exam Preparation: May 24th, 25th, 31st, and June 1st, 2017
All training will take place at:
SRS Consulting Engineers
5 Shields Court, Unit 108
Markham, ON L3R0G3
WHY TRAIN WITH US?
- Our teachers are certified professionals and trainers in the building industry of their respective disciplines and owners of reputable companies that have certified hundreds of homes and buildings of various green and energy efficiency standards in Canada.
- Candidates will receive customize training materials created and developed by our trainers. The condensed materials will allow candidates to acquire the necessary knowledge to pass the Foundation Level exam and better prepare for the NRCan Energy Advisor Exam.
- Candidates will have access to job sites for on-site training to acquire practical site experience and hands on knowledge that cannot be learned from text books.
- Sample exam questions will be reviewed as a tool to assess candidates’ knowledge and understanding of the training materials and evaluate their exam competency.
This training event is organized by Nature Harmony Institute, a not-for-profit Sustainable Initiatives organization, hosted by Homesol Building Solutions* with the support of A&J Energy Consultants and SRS Consulting Engineers. * Homesol Building Solutions is an NRCan Licensed Service Organization
The following policy applies to all classroom training courses.
REGISTRANT CANCELLATIONS (MUST BE SUBMITTED TO NATURE HARMONY INSTITUTE IN WRITING)
If written cancellation request is received 15 business days or more prior to class, the registrant will receive full refund less 10% administration fee.
If written cancellation request is received 10 – 14 business days prior to class, the registrant will receive 50% refund.
If written cancellation request is received 5 – 9 business days prior to class, the registrant will allow to apply 50% of the payment toward a future Nature Harmony Institute Training course within one year of the cancellation date.
The course fee is forfeited if written cancellation is not received prior to 5 working days before the scheduled training date.
Registrant substitutions is allowed if written substitution request is received at least 3 business days prior to class.
CANCELLATION OF COURSE BY NATURE HARMONY INSTITUTE
Nature Harmony Institute reserves the right to cancel or change a class at any time, including but not limited to, lack of participation, classroom, or trainer availability.
Notification will be provided at least 15 business days in advance of the scheduled course date with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fee.
If a training class is cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, the registrant is entitled to reschedule for a future training course.
Nature Harmony Institute is not liable for any direct, or indirect, consequential or special expenses that may be incurred by the registrant due to a cancellation of a scheduled class, including, but not limited to, cancellation penalties for transportation or accommodations.
We make every effort to ensure that we effectively deliver our courses. As with any training course, each attendee’s results may vary significantly. Each attendee’s results depend on many factors, such as correct understanding, dedication, and study behavior. There is no assurance that by taking these courses, the attendee will pass the CEA exams. We cannot guarantee the attendee’s future exam results and/or success.
By purchasing one of these courses, you agree to the aforementioned terms & conditions.
Registration is now open!